Monday, February 7, 2011

Halloween 2010

Never never again will I attempt to make all of our costumes!  Ok, maybe if I start months in advance...but if I do that, I will change my mind (Robbie will change his) at least 3 times!  I bought the fabric 3 weeks before Halloween.  Started Robbie and Skye's on Thursday night.  I forgot that Skye would be wearing hers to Pre-School on Friday, and Robbie to work.  So Thursday night - all night, I was sewing.  I literally sewed till 6 am.  When I went to bed till 7am.   I had to make 3 pair of pants for Robbie because the first pair drowned him, and the second pair made him look like "Chief Mooseknuckle"  Is that appropriate?  :)  I made 2 dresses for Skye because the first one was too small.  Wow, the whole measure twice cut once really hit home for me.  And so they were done.  I really liked them, but I wasn't about to make one for Davyn and me.  I told Robbie we weren't dressing up.  He said we had to, so I made our dresses super simple!  It ended up being fun to SAY that I had made them, but it wasn't fun making them.

It's official, I can't make a serious face without looking furious!

2 comments:

nicole said...

I love your pics! How's life Carly? I miss you it's been forever! Congrats on the boy....3 kids oh my to think we were roomates and now you have 3 kids :)

The Fredericks said...

so fun and I love that you made your costumes- however painful it was ;)

font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com