Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our New House

We are building another house! I didn't take pictures as we built last time, so I wanted to really document it this time. I am so stoked to build this time. I have done some new things that I can't wait to see done. You probably feel, every time, like you've done it perfect this time, and I do. I think I did last time too though, and we changed a TON!  So here is our lot just after we bought it.  We had to bring in 100 truck loads of dirt just to make it level with the sidewalk.

Here it is after the added dirt and after we dug the footings.  Each step is so exciting.  You can see the shape and size of the house.  It's starting!

We poured our cement on Thursday.  The girls and I spent a lot of the day out there delivering breakfast and lunch to all of the awesome guys that helped us out.  Thank heavens the lot next to us is prepped to build as well, so there is lots of dirt (out of the way) for the kids to play in.  They loved it.

Oh look, working hard? or hardly working.  I love this picture.  Totally sums up their jobs.  Ricky is clearly not working.  Cody is.....??  Robbie appears to be digging, but check out the size of scoop he got, and is he pushing it on with his foot?  WOW
What a STUD
WooHoo the cement is done!!  Every step is so exciting from here!  We are obsessed, and go out there every day with the tape measure checking out how big each room will be, and imagine what it will look like.  Today we even started planning out our yard. 

2 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

oooh how exciting! I can't wait to see all the cool things you do!

Carol said...

Looking Good. Where is it??

font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com