Friday, November 4, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

We finally got to Lake Powell this year.  Why did we wait so long, it was such a blast.  We were only there two nights, but so worth it!  We went with our awesome friends, Steve and Oaklee Pulver.  They were so much fun.  The first night we got there, we set up camp in the dark.  The next day we rode and rode till our hearts content.  The boys tried to chum the fish everywhere we went with no luck.  
We headed into the marina to get gas, and ran out 500 yards from the pump.  Awesome, the boys had plenty of ideas of how we could get there.  Steve suggested paddling.  No paddles.  Robbie said the boys could hop in the water and swim the boat over.  Seriously?  Robbie gave the key one last turn, and we chugged over to the pump.  That was close.
Near the end of the day, we were headed back to camp, and Skye was riding the tube with Steve.  We were putting back into our sweet spot, and they were goofing around.  Steve had Skye on his shoulders, and they weren't holding on.  They were both thinking they were pretty cool.  Robbie said, "Watch this."  Classic last words!  Robbie gassed the boat, and Skye did a perfect back flip off of Steve's shoulders and landed right into the water!  It couldn't have been more awesome!  We laughed so hard.  That night it was really hot.  Robbie woke up in the night sweating, and Davyn was rolling around the tent like a bowling ball saying, "Hot, hot, hot."  Robbie went out and got one of the spray bottles and just started spraying everyone down.  I was passed out till I got soaked!  Fun times.  The next day we headed home.  Robbie and I rode the AirChair one last time into the dock.

The first night we got there, I wanted to get a picture of the sunset. Robbie has a rule that we don't take nature pictures without someone in them. So, Skye was loving this photo shoot. It's so true, why would I have a bunch of pictures of just the mountains, when I could have this cute girl and the gorgeous sunset!



Check out that calf muscle.

Davyn just HAD to get in on the action.  I love that she does whatever Skye does in this case!

So, the first morning we woke up, Steve and Oaklee found this beauty in their tent's porch.  So, not quite inside with them, but too close for comfort!  I was freaking out cuz Robbie left our tent open all night.  What if it came to our tent instead.  I guess that's why we put the girls right in front of the door.  :)

Big Helper
Classic.  Big Air.
Skye practiced on the surf board

Steve and Oaklee volunteered to ride the tube with Skye because they are nice.  She is crazy.  The whole time she rides, she gives Robbie the thumbs up to go faster with the biggest grin on her face.



I love to ride the tube with Dav because it is a leisurely ride behind the boat.  I ride no handed, which Skye thinks is pretty cool, and she gets to stand up.  Too bad Dav is still scared stiff!

2 comments:

Kyle & Taunie said...

Your kids are so dang cute!!!!

Milton and Marie said...

Fun Post! I can't get up on the air chair to save my life. You guys look like you had a blast. I love looking at your blog and your cute family and I don't comment enough.

font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com